Sunday, February 12, 2012

Venting into Nowhere

I think I was meant to be a gypsy. Living in one place too long really really bugs me. I'm not quite sure what it is: the people? the weather? the culture? the fact that I'm pretty sure I had a better time long ago in a different place?

And the problem is, you can't go back to somewhere that was wonderful because everything you liked about it has changed. I have changed, and so I'm sure I wouldn't see it the same. People have moved, policies have changed, whatever.

The problem now is that I like where I am for the most part. I enjoy my job most of the time. It is interesting and there is a lot to think about and a lot to learn. I like Vancouver, mostly. Sometimes I feel as though I am in a wetter version of Twin Falls, Idaho. You know, the place where people are but never really seem to do anything and you don't really know why they are there. Maybe most of them are like me and are just here for a job or because they grew up here and don't know where else to go. Maybe they thought this was Vancouver B.C. and when they figured out it's not it was too late or something. But overall Vancouver is a decent place. The thing that gets to me the most is the people with whom I associate. Many people I choose to be around and I like them just fine. Then there are others who just are everywhere that you are, but you really don't have anything to say to them or a desire to talk to them at all. Harsh, I suppose, but I don't think I should have to get along with everyone. It's not going to happen.

For example, there are people who think that BYU is the closest thing to heaven, that Obama is a great president, that the Occupy movement is worthwhile and NOT a burden on our country's already fragile financial situation, and that BSU is a school of higher learning. When I meet people to seem to have tendencies towards these methods of thinking, I don't want to be around them anymore. I have nothing to say, because they always have a response and my debate skills are not great and so I just get mad.

I am sick of dealing with some people who I know will irritate me until one of us moves. How do I avoid them without becoming a recluse. Or maybe instead of being a gypsy I'll be a hermit. Possibly its the next best thing.


In other news, I think everything I need today was a complete failure. And yesterday too. And probably friday. What a weekend :(

No comments: